The closing of a house is an important time and both parties, buyer and seller, want the closing to be completed without any complexities. In Boston, MA, it is required by law to have a closing lawyer present at the time of the closing to handle all the paperwork and also to guide their client through the process.
There are several factors that should be kept in mind at the time of the closing and with the help of a Boston closing lawyer, one can breeze through the closing process easily. Here are some ways in which a Boston closing lawyer can expedite the closing process:
- The Boston closing lawyer can find the problems with the title, if any, and resolve them
- The closing lawyer can get a home inspection done before closing
- The lawyer can arrange to review the paperwork and check for any loopholes
The Buyer’s Responsibilities During Closing
As the day of closing gets near, there are many things that a buyer needs to take care of so that the process of closing goes through without a hitch. If you’ve applied for a loan to purchase the house, you really need to be careful about your expenses and purchases so that you maintain a stellar credit history to ensure that you qualify for the mortgage. Here are some points that your Boston closings lawyer will recommend in the weeks or months before closing:
- Avoid expensive purchases, such as a car, as they can skew your credit ratio
- Start preparing the papers early to avoid any surprises on the day of the closing
- Ensure that you have the funds for the lawyers, the down payment, and closing costs
How Buyers Can Work with a Closing Lawyer for a Smooth Closing
While your Boston closings lawyer can be of a tremendous help to ensure a quick closing, the buyer should work together with the closing lawyer to take home possession. By keeping the closings lawyer informed of any apprehensions, doubts or questions, a buyer can ensure that there will be no unwanted surprises on the day of the closing. Here are some things that a buyer can do to make the closing process quick and easy:
- Do a final inspection of the property yourself before signing the papers
- Make sure you understand the papers you’re signing and clear any doubts before signing
- Be present at the closing and keep your schedule free for that day
When a professional Boston closings lawyer is guiding you through the process of closing, the whole process becomes easy. At Simple Title, you can get help from seasoned professionals for all your closing needs in Boston, MA. Contact us through the website or call us today!